Font Size

SCREEN

Profile

Layout

Menu Style

Cpanel

BEDWORTH, St Francis of Assisi (R.C.), 3, 7-1-22 in B

Grid Reference 140/360869 Bedworth RC Church - Source: M Chester
Postcode CV12 8JH
Other Information Church Website

History

This church was opened in 1883 and extended 40 years later. The bells are a triad: 1, 3 and 5 of a 5. Tenor certainly was hung for ringing and the H frames for a ring of 3 are place and the grillage for the missing second and fourth is there.

The treble has an unusual stock - without stay socket or wheel fixture. The others are normal ringing stocks with iron levers fixed to the stay sockets. They ought to be able to be converted to full circle ringing - and Chris Pickford's sketch plan of the frame suggests that there's probably room for them to swing full circle. Double Ellacombe hammers on all the bells, installed in 1907, could be in the way of doing so at present.

Details of the Bells

1 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1899  2-2-22
2 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1899  4-2-03
3 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1899  7-1-22 33.625"

Photo Gallery

The Church - Looking East
The Church - Looking East

You are here: Home Rings T- Z Warwick Chimes Bell Chimes Bedworth RC