Font Size

SCREEN

Profile

Layout

Menu Style

Cpanel

ATHERSTONE ON STOUR, St Mary 3: 4-3-22 in C

Grid Reference 151/205510 Atherstone on Stour Church - Source: A MacRae Thompson
Postcode CV37 8NE
Peals None
Date Lost 1993

History

Atherstone church was entirely rebuilt in 1875-6. The three bells from the enclosed wooden turret over the west end of the nave of the old church were re-hung in the south western porch tower, which carried a four sided stone spire, by Barwells at a cost of £53. The church was closed in about 1975 on account of fears for the safety of the structure.

The bells were removed from the tower in June 1993, and afterwards incorporated in rings of bells in three other Warwickshire churches. The treble is now the third of the ring of six at Barford, the second is the second at Radford Semele, and the tenor is the fourth at Shotteswell.

Their notes were D sharp, C sharp and C natural.

Details of the Bells

1 Gloucester Foundry  c1320  3-0-00  25.00"
2 John of Gloucester  c1350  4-0-12  28.125"
3 Unknown              1627  4-3-22  30.00"

Photo Gallery

None Available
You are here: Home Rings T- Z Warwick Lost Rings Atherstone on Stour